Toyota Gazoo Racing’s Kamui Kobayashi driving the No. 7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar has taken pole position for this weekend’s 24 Hours of Le Mans.
It is the fourth time in five years that Kobayashi has taken pole at Le Mans. The outright track record holder sealed pole with a sensational 3m23.900s lap.
Hub Auto Porsche took a surprise pole in LMGTE Pro after the session was red flagged following accident for Kevin Estre’s Porsche 911 RSR – 19 at Indianapolis Corner.
Antonio Felix da Costa for JOTA led in LMP2, while No.88 Dempsey Proton Porsche took pole in the LMGTE Am category.
Le Mans Hyperpole Highlights:
• Kamui Kobayashi is in pole position for the 89th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans by setting rapid 3m23.900s lap in the No.7 Toyota GR010-Hybrid Hypercar
• The No.8 Toyota GR010-Hybrid Hypercar is in second place as Brendon Hartley posts 3m24.195s lap just 0.295s off pole
• Alpine Elf Matmut with Nicolas Lapierre will start third on grid after 3m25.574s lap effort
• No. 708 Glickenhaus Racing entry driven by Olivier Pla places fourth with a 3m25.639s lap set by Pla who gets to within 0.065s of Alpine
• No. 709 Glickenhaus of Roman Dumas will start in fifth place for Glickenhaus Racing’s first Le Mans start
• Antonio Felix da Costa takes the No.38 JOTA car to LMP2 pole position with a lap of 3m27.950s
• The Portuguese ace laps 0.5s quicker than Louis Deletraz in No.41 Team WRT machine
• Panis Racing’s Will Stevens peaks on a 3m28.586s lap to claim third place start for Saturday afternoon
• G-Drive with No.26 car qualified by Nyck de Vries starts fourth ahead of United Autosports USA pair as No.32 car just beats No.23 machine
• Dries Vanthoor starred for Hub Auto Porsche as he takes surprise pole position with sensational lap of 3m46.882
• Belgian young-gun beats WEC entry No. 52 AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTE driven by Daniel Serra who sets a lap just 0.171s off polesitter
• No.63 Corvette places third as Nick Tandy makes it three different manufacturers in top three positions
• Accident for points leading No.92 Porsche as Kevin Estre endures off at Indianapolis
• No.88 Dempsey Proton Racing Porsche’s 3m47.987s set by Julien Andlauer good enough for pole as French ace continues excellent form
• GR Racing take second as Tom Gamble brings joy to British team with fine 3m48.560s lap
• Team Project 1 Porsche driven by Matteo Cairoli in third position ahead of No.47 Cetilar Racing Porsche
Don’t forget that you can join us track-side for the Le Mans 24 Hours 2022. The confirmed dates will be the 11th & 12th June 2022. Call us now on +44 1707 329988 to reserve your place!