Have you ever been disappointed with your motorsport photography? Or have you ever wondered how professional photographers obtain the best shots? Then we now have the answer for you.
Travel Destinations have created an exciting partnership with Jessops Academy Photography Training School to offer you the chance to join a number of photo workshops trackside at the Le Mans 24 Hours. These workshops are exclusive to Travel Destinations customers and can be added to any of our Le Mans 2017 packages.
Jessops award winning academy trainers will be hosting photography workshops at the Le Mans circuit on the Saturday and Sunday, to offer you the chance to learn and practice professional techniques and obtain even better photos. These workshops are designed to be fun and educational, enabling you to be able to us professional techniques trackside at Le Mans.
Jessops Academy have been running motorsport photography workshops in the UK for the last 4 years however, this will be the first opportunity that anyone has had the chance to learn from their knowledge trackside at the Le Mans 24 Hours.
For Le Mans 2017 there will be a total of 6 different training workshops available with 2 Jessops Academy trainers. Each workshop session will be limited to a maximum of 30 people to ensure everyone is able to receive the assistance that they need.
Each 2-hour session can be purchased individually for £50.00 per person, or as a special Travel Destinations offer, all 6 workshops can be purchased together for just £150.00 per person.
Le Mans 2017 Workshops:
1. Camera set-up and control for motorsport photography. (Saturday, 11:00hrs)
2. Editorial Shooting (photography with a theme) and mastering panning shots trackside (Saturday 14:30hrs)
3. Dusk lighting, silhouettes and making the most of low light (Saturday 20:00hrs)
4. Shooting at night, light trails and slow shutter pit lane action (Saturday 23:00hrs)
5. Using sunrise and the dawn light. The perfect time of day for photography (Sunday 05:00hrs)
6. Reviewing motorsport images, problem solving and post production set (Sunday 11:00hrs)
As well as training at various locations around the track, the training team will be on-site on Friday evening and encourage all workshop participants to join them for a chat & introduction before the workshops begin on Saturday.
Spaces are strictly limited, so please secure your desired workshop by calling Travel Destinations now on 0844 873 0203.
– The workshops are open to all Travel Destinations customers of any photography standard and experience. The workshops can be added to your existing booking.
– A Digital SLR or mirrorless camera is recommended for all workshops. Although the workshops will still be relevant for compact or bridge cameras, the obtainable results will be limited by the technology.
– Bringing at least 2 different lenses with your DSLR is recommended. Particularly a wide-angle lens, and a form of telephoto (3 – 600mm)
– Although a tripod/monopod is not essential, it will be useful for night-time and low light sessions.
– You should expect to take a large number of photos during each session, so please ensure you have enough memory cards & battery life.
– Each trackside session will take place in public areas around the circuit. Media access is not necessary and will not be provided.
– Each session will take place at the circuit, usually trackside so if you are sensitive to noise ear defenders or earplugs are recommended.
– Be prepared for all weathers. Le Mans can be warm, cold, wet, dry and dusty all in one day. The workshops will take place whatever the conditions so you may need to protect your camera from the elements.
– Wear comfortable clothing. We will be moving around the track so comfortable shoes are a must and you may wish to kneel or lie down to get the best angles.
Reserve your place on the Jessops Academy photography workshops at Le Mans by calling Travel Destinations now on 0844 873 0203.